The Industry’s only offering that combines flexible payment models with infrastructure solutions and services – from edge and endpoints to core data center to cloud –for businesses of any size
Dell Technologies is introducing Dell Technologies On Demand, a set of consumption-based and as-a-service offerings on the industry’s broadest infrastructure portfolio* that deliver IT with the agility of cloud and the control, performance and predictability of on-premises infrastructure. As part of this new offering, the company is expanding its extensive flexible consumption portfolio to support Dell EMC PowerEdge servers and the new Dell EMC PowerOne autonomous infrastructure system.
“The multi-cloud world is here and will only grow, which means customers need on-demand and consistent infrastructure that yield predictable outcomes across all of their clouds, data centers and edge locations,” said Jeff Clarke, vice chairman, Dell Technologies. “Dell Technologies On Demand makes it possible for organizations to plan, deploy and manage their entire IT footprint.They can choose how they consume and pay for IT solutions that meet their needs with the freedom and flexibility to evolve as their needs change over time.”
Gartner indicates that by 2022, 15% of new deployments of on-premises computing will involve pay-per-use pricing, up from less than 1% in 20191. With Dell Technologies On Demand, businesses can choose between several flexible consumption** options, including global support, deployment and managed services. This helps customers reduce the management of on-premises IT to make it as easy to consume as public clouds. For example, the new PowerOne autonomous infrastructure transforms into infrastructure as a service when paired with flexible consumption solutions and value-added services from Dell Technologies On Demand. The customer pays for what they use when they use it.
Customers now have choice, flexibility and predictable outcomes
Dell Technologies On Demand offers flexible payment options for an extensive range of technologies across the full infrastructure stack, including compute, storage, networking and virtualization. Software-defined and hybrid cloud solutions are available via Dell Technologies Cloud and VMware, along with modern data protection, PC and digital workspaces. Customers have the freedom to shift IT infrastructure spending from one-time capital expenses to ongoing operational expenses, predictably and sensibly.
- Integrating full-stack solutions from Dell Technologies Cloud to Dell Technologies Unified Workspace to engineered workload solutions for critical business applications and workloads
- Matching spending with usage through Pay As You Grow, Flex On Demand or Data Center Utility, three flexible consumption solutions** that scale while providing transparency on total cost of ownership throughout the technology lifecycle.
- Using advanced data collection and processor-based measurement by the hour with the new Flex On Demand for PowerEdge servers to avoid the costs associated with over-provisioning.
- Providing value-added services with ProDeploy, ProSupport and Managed Services. They can be bundled effortlessly and paired with all the financial consumption models, bringing a tailored as-a-service experience.
- Expanding PCaaS to include small business, offering PC acquisition2, lifecycle management of hardware, software, services and financing for growing companies in a single, predictable price per seat per month.
Dell Technologies On Demand is the only offering of its kind within the technology industry, allowing customers more flexibility than ever before.
Copyright © 2019 Dell Inc. or its subsidiaries. All Rights Reserved. Dell Technologies, Dell, Dell EMC, and the Dell Technologies logo are trademarks of Dell Inc. in the United States and/or other jurisdictions. All other marks and names mentioned herein may be trademarks of their respective companies.
1Source: Gartner“How to Use Consumption-Based Procurement Models for On-Premises Infrastructure.” Published: 20 September, 2019. ID: G00383390. Analyst(s): Daniel Bowers, Kiyomi Yamada, Rob Schafer, Henrique Cecci
2 PC as a Service is available in the United States, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and 17 countries in Europe. PCaaS for Business online ordering is the US only.
*Based on Dell internal analysis, November 2019.
**Payment solutions provided by Dell Financial Services L.L.C. (DFS) or its affiliate or designee, subject to availability and may vary in certain countries. Where available, offers may be changed without notice.