A campus network is the term used to describe the network used by employees, guests, and devices to connect. It’s a mixture of wired and wireless. It’s different than a data center network which is focused on optimizing and scaling server and storage connectivity. As a network administrator, you are the strategic asset companies deploy to help increase productivity. If your network is outdated however, it’s hard to be ‘strategic.’ Maybe it’s time to update your network and be a hero.
Here are 5 reasons why it might be time to modernize your campus network.
- You are behind on upgrading. Some campus networks are due for an upgrade. Are your users connecting at Megabit speeds while accessing applications and information built for Gigabit connections? Is your data center or server room running at 10 or 40 Gigabit but your campus core is still only Gigabit?
- Connections are unreliable. Are your employees complaining about their connectivity? That’s usually the first sign something is up. If you spend too much time responding to help desk requests, patching configurations, and rebooting switches with your fingers crossed, that’s the second sign.
- No one is in their office anymore. As devices have become smaller, employees have become more mobile. They roam from building to building and floor to floor creating network density issues and bandwidth overload in the cafeteria at lunch time when the latest YouTube video goes viral.
- Network management is a nightmare. Mergers, consolidation, expansion, and growth are great for the business but can make your life a nightmare. Plus, now everyone seems to need something configured ASAP and the only guy who knows how to do it is in the cafeteria watching a video.
- You are tired of getting the blame. Why is it always the network that’s the issue? Users and other IT administrators are notorious for blaming the network for a separate technology problem.
If it’s time to modernize your campus network, it’s time to discover Dell Networking N-Series switches. N-Series is a new family of energy efficient, cost-effective 1GbE and 10GbE switches designed for modernizing and scaling campus network infrastructure. N-Series switches utilize a comprehensive enterprise-class feature set, deliver consistent, simplified management, and offer high availability device and network design.
Wherever you want to start, from the campus edge to the core, the N-Series has smart integration capabilities and can fit beautifully into your environment. Start by learning more about Dell Networking OS 6 and the one experience it creates across the N2000, N3000, and N4000 Series. It’s time to become the hero.