Episode 2 of Baker’s Half Dozen is upon us. This month Matt answers:
- Is it the hardware driving AI acceleration, or do we need to write better code?
- Will autonomous vehicles take our jobs or strengthen human-machine partnerships?
- Are mid-course dividends worth the cost of failed innovation?
If you’ve got questions about this episode, or a question you’d like Matt to answer in the next episode, comment below or tweet @mattwbaker using #BakersHalfDozen.
Episode 2 Show Notes:
Introduction with Matt Baker
Item 1 – Self-Driving Threatening Drivers
Item 2 – AV Solution Difficulties
- Elon Musk: Generalized AV capabilities will be difficult in the near term
- Gartner Hype Cycle
- Lane Keeping
- Radar-based Cruise Control
Item 3 – 3 V’s of Big Data
Item 4 – AI without GPUs
Item 5 – AWS/VMWare
Item 6 – UT TACC Frontera
Item 6.5 – Deploying OpenStack