The magic number 3 works its ways to bring us the third episode of Bakers Half Dozen. Matt takes the time to answer:
- What’s faster…the speed of light or edge computing?
- What will the new capabilities of 5G unlock and how will they raise the bar for customer expectations?
- Could Jet Li’s karate kicks become digitized?
If you’ve got questions about this episode, or a question you’d like Matt to answer in the next episode, comment below or tweet @mattwbaker using #BakersHalfDozen.
Episode 2 Show Notes:
Introduction with Matt Baker
Item 1 – Edge Computing
Item 2 – 5g and the IoT
- Stacey Oniot: Let’s Talk about 5G and the IoT
Item 3 — As the mobile industry standardizes on a path to wider 5G connectivity, what happens to consumer expectations around application performance?
Item 4 – IT is the #1 use case for AI
- SiliconANGLE: Dell EMC’s new PowerMax is built for AI
- Dell Technologies Capital Venture: Moogsoft
- Dell Technologies Capital Venture: Cylance
Item 5 – Amazon Recruiting with AI
- Reuters: Amazon scraps secret AI recruiting tool that showed bias against women
- CIO: Recognizing and Solving for AI bias
Item 6 – NatureFresh Farms Data Wave
Item 6.5 – Jet Li leaves Hollywood
- AV Club: Jet Li turned down the Matrix sequels because he didn’t want his moves to be taken by machines
- Disagree, agree, or just chat with Matt using #BakersHalfDozen