The following information is not intended for Dell or Dell EMC in Greater China (China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan)
We recently celebrated our first anniversary as Dell Technologies, and the year has been nothing short of extraordinary. Our distributors have hit it out of the park—forging new paths with our expanded portfolio, and fueling growth in their existing accounts. Our portfolio plays a major role in this growth, and we’re constantly introducing new solutions that offer our Customers and Partners greater choice.
This summer, we launched the 14th generation of Dell EMC PowerEdge servers. They are the bedrock of the modern data center, and are flying off the shelves, with major thanks to our partners and distributors.
With the recent addition of six more solutions to our award-winning* 14th generation PowerEdge server portfolio, we can promote an incredible breadth of products, resulting in comprehensive customer choice. And while Dell EMC PowerEdge servers are already the world’s bestselling server**, we still want to make it even easier for you to sell them. That said, we’re “creating a smart route to server business success, that’s tailored exclusively for our distribution partners.”
Supporting Your Business
We’ve told you before that we’re doubling down with distribution, and we’re staying true to our word. This month, we’re launching more sales and marketing support than ever before for Dell EMC distributors—including a distribution-exclusive PowerEdge server product hub, a distribution server campaign portal page, a new Distributor Advisory Board program and a newsletter specifically for distributors.
Your brand new distributors’ hub is home to a comprehensive range of tools and resources specifically designed to help boost your server business—everything from product emails and copy blocks, to battlecards and quick reference guides. It gives you all the sales and marketing collateral you need to promote the PowerEdge server portfolio to your partners.
We’re also investing upwards of $1 million in server equipment across select Distributors’ labs over the next six months. We see the value our Distributors provide, and it has largely influenced our huge growth in this space—up 22% Y/Y in Q2 alone!
To access the full range of dedicated Dell EMC PowerEdge Server 14G resources, visit your brand new Distributors’ PowerEdge hub.
Exciting Opportunities to Help Increase Your Margins
On top of these new resources, there are also other great opportunities to drive increased revenues and greater margins for your business:
1. Sell Up the Stack, Sell 4-Socket
- The PowerEdge R940 is our highest performance server with 4 processors – built for extremely demanding mission critical workloads like e-commerce, ERP and very large databases.
2. Promote Upgrades
- Upgrades such as enhanced storage, processors, memory and more can be offered on all PowerEdge server sales—representing high-margin opportunities for you.
- You can also benefit from upgrade rebates, with a 3% incentive on Enterprise Infrastructure (EI).
3. Sell Services
- Bundling services such as support, consultancy and/or deployment not only brings increased profitability opportunities for you, but added peace of mind for end user customers.
- We also offer a special services rebates for support and deployment through the Dell EMC Partner Program.
To understand more about these opportunities, visit your portal page.
The bottom line is that we want to fuel growth and competitive differentiation in critical battlegrounds, and we recognize how important our distribution business is to capitalizing on these opportunities. We are continuing to refine our offerings to best meet the needs of our distributors to set you up for success. Check out the latest resources, and let’s get selling.
* Source: IDC declares a statistical tie in the worldwide server market when there is a difference of one percent or less in the share of revenues or shipments among two or more vendors. Based on Units. Data from IDC Quarterly Server Tracker, 2017Q1.
** Channel Pro Reader’s Choice Award Gold Winner: Dell EMC for ‘Which vendor offers the best Server Hardware?’ and CRN Winner 2017 for Industry Standard Servers: Dell EMC.