For the second straight year, Dell EMC has been recognized as a Leader, with a strong market position for both “completeness of vision” and “ability to execute,” in the Gartner 2017 Magic Quadrant for Distributed File Systems and Object Storage. This Magic Quadrant report evaluates vendors that help enterprises manage the rapid growth of unstructured data, and the Dell EMC rating was based on Dell EMC Isilon and Dell EMC Elastic Cloud Storage (ECS).
The 5 things resellers need to know about Dell EMC solutions for file and object storage
Fueled primarily by mobile and IoT devices, the market for unstructured data continues to grow substantially with no indication that it will slow down.
Here’s what you need to know about Isilon and ECS:
1. Isilon is the #1 scale-out NAS offering with a 10-year track record of innovative developments and an installed base of over 7,000 customers
2. Earlier this year Dell EMC introduced the next-generation Isilon platform that includes:
- The F800 all-flash system for extreme performance and scalability
- Hybrid models that deliver balanced performance and value
- Economical archiving systems
3. Isilon provides an average of 85% utilization, maximizing storage efficiency … and can reduce capacity requirements even further with SmartDedupe data deduplication
4. ECS bridges the gap between traditional applications and platforms and next-gen workloads and can be utilized in a number of ways:
- As a low-cost storage tier for archiving to free primary storage and reduce overall storage costs
- To modernize existing applications, simplifying maintenance, reliability and reducing costs
- To accelerate cloud native apps with scalability and user-experience similar to public cloud
5. ECS provides deployment flexibility – as a turnkey storage appliance, as a ‘Dedicated Cloud’ hosted solution, or as a software designed to run on existing or commodity hardware
How can you make best use of the Gartner Magic Quadrant?
Unbiased third- party evaluation is critical information for organizations making purchasing decisions. The Gartner Magic Quadrant reports are designed to help technology decision-makers quickly get an understanding of the market landscape and comprehend different vendors stated visions and how they perform in the market against a “uniform set of evaluation criteria”. The Magic Quadrant provides an objective view based on both qualitative and quantitative analysis of vendors’ capabilities.
The Magic Quadrant for Distributed File and Object Storage lends validation to Isilon’s market leadership. Download the report here and share it with your customers.
What to do next?
By partnering with Dell EMC, you can offer your customers best-in class solutions and take a piece of a $30b market. Dell EMC has the programs, tools, assets, and incentives to help you build your business:
- Become familiar with and utilize other third-party assets:
- Simple is Smart is a competitive sales play that will help you uncover unified and NAS opportunities and new revenue sources. Visit the Simple is Smart page on the Partner Portal to learn more about this program.
- Use Isilon Express to introduce the #1 scale-out NAS platform1 to customers who are looking to consolidate unstructured data, eliminate costly storage silos or simplify multiple workloads (file shares, home directories, archive, and video content) but need to start small. Begin with the Isilon Express Channel Quick Start guide.