May is approaching and that can only mean one thing: EMC World is right around the corner. It’s the most exciting time to be in tech and, in just a few days, thousands of attendees from around the world will head to Las Vegas for our largest and most global customer event of the year.
Roughly 14,000 nametags have been printed and the agenda is set and I can assure you that EMC World, which takes place from May 4-7th, will not disappoint.
This year’s theme is REDEFINE.NEXT as IT organizations redefine their next move to advance and optimize existing applications and infrastructure, while also investing for tomorrow in next-gen platforms and technologies to help enable business transformation.
With a totally revamped general session format featuring TEDtalk-style keynotes and targeted audience-centric tracks, the attendee experience has been redefined to reflect the transformative world of technology – so expect to be informed, immersed, and inspired.
Whether you’re at the show or keeping tabs from afar, we’ve got you covered. In addition to sharing nearly everything online, here are the best ways to engage with EMC World 2015:
- Online:Track all the latest EMC World 2015 happenings at emcworld.com
- Live Streaming:View video of EMC World keynotes and select conference sessions at emcworld.com/virtual
- Social:Follow @EMCWorld and monitor #EMCWORLD to join the Twitter conversation. For continuous EMC news and announcement updates, follow @EMC_News on Twitter.
- Live Twitter Chat:Join EMC’s Ask Me Anything session with Jeremy Burton, President of Products and Marketing on May 6th, 2015 at 12:00 pm PT
Check out the video below to hear a bit more about why this year’s event is slated to bring down the house.
Some of this year’s highlights include:
General Sessions: Headlining EMC World 2015 are EMC Chairman and CEO, Joe Tucci and CEO of EMC Information Infrastructure, David Goulden. Throughout the week, they will be joined on stage by President of EMC Products and Marketing, Jeremy Burton, President of EMC Core Technologies Division, Guy Churchward, Chief Executive Officer of VCE, Praveen Akkiraju, President of EMC Emerging Technologies Division, C.J. Desai, and President of EMC Global Systems Engineering, Chad Sakac. We will also have special guests, VMware CEO Pat Gelsinger and Pivotal CEO Paul Maritz, plus household name customers and many more.
Breakout Sessions: We’re excited to offer 400+ breakout sessions organized into content tracks for specific audiences – IT Leadership, Technology and a new track designed especially for DevOps, a vital community of application test and development professionals.
- IT Leadership Track: New to EMC World, with more than 50 sessions for IT Leadership, this track will focus on industry direction, business cases and future state implications. Attendees can also participate in special Guru Sessions and hear form industry luminaries such as Doug Cutting and Mike Olson on Monday, Jez Humble on Tuesday and Jason Silva and Jake Porway on Wednesday.
- Technical Track: Throughout the week, attendees will have a chance to attend more than 300+ Technical Sessions for a look into the latest EMC innovations including Big Data Storage & Analytics, Converged Infrastructure, Software-Defined Storage and more.
- DevOps Track: Our new DevOps track is built on themes of Learn, Code and Deploy, and will feature sessions on how to successfully build and develop modern apps to help our customers grow their business and gain competitive advantage.
Global Partner Summit: Our partners will join us for the fourth-annual Global Partner Summit (GPS) beginning Tuesday, May 5th. Attendees will hear from key EMC executives on the topics partners care most about, like how EMC is positioned to help you drive even more profitability in 2015 across the hottest growth areas in IT.
Information Generation Experience: Located at the center of the show floor, this immersive experience will take attendees on a journey into the future of technology in our everyday lives. We are all part of the Information Generation – don’t get left behind!
Momentum: EMC’s Enterprise Content Division will provide attendees with a unique experience to learn about the next stage of redefined IT from mobile productivity, to unharnessing the untapped value of content, to expanding to the third platform!
Women of World: On Wednesday, May 6th we will gather to enjoy lunch, networking and a Q&A session led by our Vice President of Global Communications, Stella Low. Learn how to leverage men and women equally to build stronger, well-balanced leadership teams.
Customer Appreciation Event: It wouldn’t be a trip to Vegas without a well-deserved party. Fall Out Boy and One Republic will perform Wednesday night as EMC World’s first-ever live double-header!
See you at the show!