Red Hat Summit 2016 is upon us and the theme this year is “Learn. Network. Experience open source.” Dell is proud to be a Platinum sponsor of Red Hat Summit 2016. We invite attendees to experience Dell and Red Hat’s industry propelling solutions powered by open source engines. At this Summit we are showcasing our OpenStack Cloud and Software-defined Storage solutions with Red Hat Ceph, and exploring developments around new cloud performance benchmarks.
Storage formally known as Inktank
Before Ceph was acquired by Red Hat they were known as InkTank Storage. We have been integrating Ceph into our solutions for a number of years, and it has been a fun journey to work with the Inktank and Ceph teams and watch Ceph evolve and grow into a de facto standard for open source storage. Dell has probably the widest set of solution offerings with Ceph in the industry. At Red Hat summit we are showcasing Ceph in multiple solutions:
- Ceph plays a key role and is the default storage environment in our Dell OpenStack Cloud Solution. Ceph delivers massively scalable block and object storage and we have engineered this architecture to bring together the combination of a powerful, scalable core architecture with a portfolio of validated extensions.
- Ceph is ideal for implementing software-defined storage (SDS) environments. We are proud to have delivered advanced SDS solutions powered by Ceph for our customers like University Alabama Birmingham, and Monash University.
At Red Hat Summit we are previewing new SDS architectures jointly designed by Dell and Red Hat and powered by Ceph. These new SDS architectures illustrate how to fine tune and optimize Ceph storage for IOPS performance and scalability. Visit the Dell kiosk in the Storage Ecosystem Showcase in the expo hall to learn more.
- Red Hat has announced Ceph Storage 2, At Red Hat Summit Dell will preview a new open source storage solution – the DSS 7000 storage server with Red Hat Ceph Storage 2. We built the DSS 7000 to deliver maximum density and performance. It provides up to 720 TB of storage capacity using today’s 8TB drives. Visit the Dell expo booth #701 to experience the DSS 7000 and Ceph 2 live in person!
Cloud performance benchmarking – Dell leading the way
The SPEC Cloud IaaS 2016 Benchmark is the first specification by a major industry-standards performance consortium that defines how the performance of cloud computing infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) can be measured and evaluated for cloud platforms, either public or private. Get more details on SPEC Cloud in this recent blog.
Dell is the first – and so far only – cloud vendor either private or public to successfully execute the benchmark specification tests and to publish results. Learn more in our session on SPEC Cloud, Wed 06/29, 3:30 PM, room #2007.
OpenStack Cloud – yes we have containers
The Dell Red Hat Cloud Solution is now in its 5th generation and is built on the solid foundation of Red Hat OpenStack Platform 8, and we integrate the latest generation PowerEdge server platforms with Intel Xeon E5-2600 V4 family of processors. Working with Intel and Red Hat we have completed phase one in our “on-ramp to cloud” program that developed and refined enterprise capabilities for VM migration, Instance HA and Host maintenance capabilities in OpenStack.
At Red Hat summit we are pleased to introduce two new validated extensions for our OpenStack cloud solution powered with Red Hat OpenStack Platform.
- OpenShift by Red Hat: Platform-as-a-service (Paas) empowers developers to easily develop, deploy, and run applications. Integrates with a standardized container model powered Docker and Kubernetes to provide container-based write once/run anywhere capabilities.
- Red Hat Cloud Forms: Implements a unified management framework with advanced life cycle management and hybrid cloud capabilities across OpenStack and other infrastructure and cloud platforms.
Extensions to our core architecture are all thoroughly validated just like the core architecture to ensure a consistent seamless cloud environment that just works. Guidance for implementing and optimizing all of the validated extensions is provided in technical guides posted on Dell Tech Center. Visit the Dell expo booth #701 to learn more about Dell and Red Hat OpenStack cloud solutions.
Dell Sessions at Red Hat Summit 2016
What is Red Hat Summit without some interesting and compelling sessions! Experience open source with Dell in our sessions and in Tuesday’s general session.
Dell Keynote – Tues June 28 1:45pm, Jim Ganthier, Vice President and GM, Engineered Systems, HPC, and Cloud
Enterprise Ceph: Everyway, your way Tues, June 28, 10:15 am, Room #3007, Amit Bhutani
Repeatable, reliable, OpenStack deployments –pipe dream or reality? Thurs, June 30, 4:45pm, Room #2007, Randy Perryman
Measuring performance in the cloud: A scientific approach to an elastic problem Wed, June 29, 3:30pm, Room #300, Nicholas Wakou
Visit us at Red Hat Summit expo in booth #701, connect and network with Dell experts, and take a deep-dive into trending topics. We hope to see you there!