We’re now into our second year as a combined Dell EMC Partner Program. Yet, as Joyce Mullen, President, Dell EMC Global Channel, OEM & IoT, announced, we are just getting started.
Throughout the keynote session of Global Partner Summit (GPS) at Dell Technologies World 2018, Mullen shared her vision for the Global Channel organization.
“…When we win together, we all win,” Mullen shared. “Speaking of winning, you did amazing things in 2017. In fact, I would call it a year of roaring success!”
Mullen spotlighted some of the strong wins that our Dell EMC partner community has achieved in just the first fifteen months as a combined community, including the addition of 54,000 new customers, 400,000 registered and approved deals and 100,000 newly earned partner credentials.
Of these extraordinary partner wins, Mullen declared, “Thank you for your incredible partnership! Let’s hear you ROAR!” The GPS audience response was both enthusiastic and deafening.
Throughout the session, a number of guests joined Mullen on the GPS stage, including: Michael Dell, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Dell Technologies; Jeff Clarke, Vice Chairman, Products & Operations, Dell; Cheryl Cook, Senior Vice President, Global Channel Marketing, Dell; Scott Millard, Vice President, Global Channel Specialty Sales, Dell EMC; and Jay Snyder, Senior Vice President of Global Alliances, Service Providers and Industries.
Joyce Mullen: There’s never been a better time for you to be part of our pack. Our pride.
“Together, we have the force and speed of a stampede,” Mullen told partners. And, while we have built—together— a $43 billion channel business and a successful channel program, we strive to become “the biggest, and the best. We are going to be the #1 partner program in the world … Not in our eyes, but in yours.”
Dell EMC is steadfast in our commitment to a Simple. Predictable. Profitable.TM partner program; and welcomes and acknowledges partner feedback. To that end, Mullen shared a series of imperatives that will help make it easier for partners to do business with Dell EMC.
Likewise, the announcements made throughout the GPS session supported these imperatives; and will help enable partners to achieve success both today and into the future.
Dell EMC MyRewards Program
- Opt-in program; replaces both the Partner Advantage and Sell & Earn programs
- Points-based rewards program open to Dell EMC Solution Provider sales representatives and system engineers
- Will offer bigger and better promotions with up to 3x bonus payout and simplified, express claiming globally
- Will deliver enhanced rebates focused on driving new business, storage refresh and attaching Pro-Support Plus to storage
Dell EMC Ready Stack Certified Reference System
- Exclusive to channel partners, the new Dell EMC Ready Stack program will simplify how partners can sell and build infrastructure stack solutions based on current and future Dell EMC best-of-breed technologies—including a broad range of Dell Storage (Unity VMAX, XtremIO, Isilon), Dell EMC Servers, Dell EMC Data Protection, and Open Networking, with support for multiple hypervisors, bare metal, and containers
- The program represents a powerful way to expand “build” or “do it yourself” (DIY) customer conversations beyond component parts for even better margins, revenue and loyalty
- The Ready Stack program rewards partners for positioning Dell EMC technologies in converged outcomes through incentives that increase as more elements of the Dell EMC portfolio are incorporated in a converged offering
Dell Technologies Advantage Framework for Partners
- Designed to make it easier for channel partners to work across the Dell Technologies family of businesses with engagement, tools and incentives
- Value-added capabilities and certifications will enhance the ability to more easily and efficiently deliver positive business outcomes from across the Dell Technologies portfolio
- Will complement the core Dell EMC Partner Program, enabling greater opportunities for Partner growth
New Sales Plays and Extended Routes to Market with VMware
- Expansion of our Dell-as-a-Disti (DaaD) model to all Tiered (i.e. metaled) Solution Providers in the Dell EMC Partner Program, available later this year
- Route to market offers partners greater choice in how they choose to buy Dell Technologies’ solutions on joint opportunities with Dell and VMware
- Announcement also includes new VMware and Dell joint sales plays including a 14G Server Refresh Campaign with vSphere and a Windows 10 Refresh Campaign to upsell Airwatch customers
New Internet of Things (IoT) Solutions Competency Offerings
- Four new IoT Solutions Competencies will build on initial competencies introduced last year
- IoT Solution Competency available beginning April 30
- High Performance Computing, Data Analytics, Business Applications and Security to be added throughout the year
In addition to the new Solutions Competencies, Dell EMC will also expand services deployment competencies, which enable partners to grow faster and increase revenue.
Additional Dell EMC Partner Program announcements
- New demo program provides tiered partners with the ability to use earned MDF to purchase any storage, converged infrastructure, hyper-converged infrastructure and data protection solutions at a discount
- Proof of Concept (POC) program removes complexity around partner-led POCs, streamlining the approval process and enabling Titanium partners to independently lead POCs at end user locations with no-cost hardware, software, pro-support and shipping
- New IT Transformation campaign helps tell the connected story, positions business outcomes and drives consultative selling, all positioning the value of the Dell Technologies portfolio
- Dell EMC President’s Circle winners were recognized on stage; and the location for the 2018 President’s Circle competition was revealed (South Africa!)
- Dell EMC Partner Program Titanium Black partners were also announcec
Read more on key channel announcements today, here.
Jay Snyder: Global Alliances Seizes the Opportunity with Alignment
Global Alliances and their Partners have seen an overall growth of 28% year over year. Synder recognized this success and challenged partners to commit to an “Acceleration Strategy” that will help drive even greate success in the coming year.
“This is our time and our chance to make history. This revolution is challenging our customers at a pace never seen before. And this means opportunity—big opportunity—for us,” Snyder declared.
Michael Dell: An amazing opportunity ahead for Dell EMC Partners
Dell Technologies Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Michael Dell joined Joyce Mullen on stage to discuss his commitment to the channel—and the opportunites today—and ahead—for Dell EMC partners.
“Dell Technologies is uniquely positioned to be your best partner for the future.” And, as Joyce Mullen noted earlier in the session, the opportunity is massive—a total addressable market of $3.7 trillion.
GPS and beyond: Together, we are unstoppable
Joyce Mullen closed a momentous GPS with the rally, “Together, we are Fierce. Smart. Strong. Fast … And really, really proud!”
Because, together, we are truly unstoppable.