An easier way to buy and support VDI
There was a time, not so long ago, when moving from traditional PCs to a virtual desktop infrastructure solution was really challenging. You need tight compatibility between compute, storage, networking, hypervisor, connection broker, protocol, application or OS delivery, user personalization and endpoints – all to ensure the best end-user experience, the key to a successful VDI deployment. It isn’t uncommon for a traditional VDI implementation of 100 applications and 1,000 users to take 250 days or more and the final cost was often unpredictable. Then after all that, if something goes wrong and you call for support, vendor finger-pointing abounds or the project is outright cancelled.
Dell, is making it easier to buy, implement and support VDI with Dell EMC VDI Complete Solutions, a unique, end-to-end client virtualization solution than with one number for purchase, and for the first time, one for support. These solutions are made up of a combination of these industry-leading components:
- Hyper-converged infrastructure (HCI) using Dell EMC VxRail or vSAN ReadyNodes (RN) on Dell EMC PowerEdge servers
- vSAN ReadyNodes are built for rapid deployment and building block scalability
- VxRail is built for turnkey deployment, cluster flexibility and streamlined management
- VMware vSphere and Horizon software
- Dell endpoints: Wyse thin clients or OptiPlex micro PCs
- Flexible consumption models with payment solutions by Dell Financial Services (DFS)**
The solution is highly customizable with three levels to meet a variety of needs. While these configurations are offered as a standard, our Dell experts can help determine the exact requirements to achieve your business goals. The Dell EMC VDI Complete Solutions levels are:
- Focused on small and medium businesses (SMB) or as proof-of-concept implementations
- Configured for approximately 125 task worker users
- Focused on general desktop and app virtualization for a wide range of task and knowledge workers
- Configured for approximately 600 task worker users, and based on a three-node cluster
- Focused on higher performance use cases including persistent desktops, rich, virtualized graphic capabilities, power users or larger implementations
- Configured for approximately 800 task users, and based on a four-node cluster
- NVIDIA GRID M10 and M60 virtualized graphics (vGPU) are available on the Expanded options, ensuring high performance end user experiences
At the endpoint, industry-leading Wyse thin clients are highly secure and easy to manage. Organizations can choose the Wyse 3030, 3040 or 5060 thin clients based on either Wyse ThinOS or Wyse ThinLinux firmware. The Wyse 5060 also comes with a Windows Embedded option. For those that require a full-fledged PC, the OptiPlex 3050 or 5050 micro PCs are available as an option with this solution. All are optimized to work with VMware’s Blast Extreme protocol, ensuring high performance virtualized desktops and apps in any network condition.
Dell EMC VDI Complete Solutions can reduce implementation by 50 percent with the latest validated VDI hardware and software, all leveraging the power of Dell Technologies, with one call to make for purchase and support. It is truly an easier way to buy, implement and support VDI.
While VDI Complete Solutions are great for organizations looking for an on-prem, flexible consumption VDI solution, we know there are other ways to consume VDI. For organizations looking for the speed and flexibility of an off-prem, cloud-based solution, Dell offers virtual desktops and applications through Horizon Cloud, hosted on cloud infrastructure managed by VMware.
Learn more here.