In today’s fast-paced technology environment, change is a given. New innovations come on the market every day and there are new ways of working, whether that’s from remote or multiple locations or with multiple devices. For years, our customers had two options for managing their virtual desktop infrastructure: they could manage Wyse endpoints on-premises through Wyse Device Manager (WDM), or they could manage and maintain endpoints over-the-air through Cloud Client Manager. Both solutions have worked well for our customers for several years now. However, as we continue to evolve our technology and solutions, and as organizations evolve their IT infrastructure and management, it’s time for our management suites to get an update.
Introducing Wyse Management Suite, a flexible solution that lets organizations centrally configure, monitor, manage and optimize their Wyse thin clients. The new Suite will make it easier to deploy and manage Wyse thin clients with high functionality and performance and ease of use. Benefits include:
- Installation can take place in under five minutes, making it the fastest management suite to install in the industry.
- Scalable management that can meet the needs of SMB, mid-size and large customer deployments.
- One tool to manage, maintain and track thin clients.
- No-touch deployment – policy engines support automated rollout.
- Secure, HTTPS-based imaging, updates and downloads.
Organizations will be able to choose between two main options:
- Wyse Management Suite Standard (available May 30): a free, on-premises management tool for up to 10,000 endpoints.
- Wyse Management Suite Pro (coming this summer): a $20 per seat, per year subscription with the option of either on-premises and cloud management – or a combination of both.
With the Pro solution, organizations will be able to adopt a hybrid model and ‘float’ their licenses between on-premises and cloud, giving IT the flexibility to manage their thin clients in a way that works best for them. Other benefits to Wyse Management Suite Pro include:
- A mobile app to view critical alerts, notifications and send commands in real time.
- Enhanced security through two-factor identification and active directory authentication for role-based administration.
- Advanced app policy and reporting
- Dell ProSupport for Software with support by phone and online forums 24×7, a single point of contact with collaborative assistance and remote assistance with deployment of patches.
So what does this mean for our current and new customers?
For new customers, the management suite for either on-premises or cloud-based management will be Wyse Management Suite starting on May 30. One suite with the best of both existing management platforms.
Customers who have Cloud Client Manager today will transition to Wyse Management Suite starting May 30. When you log into the management console after that date, you will see Wyse Management Suite and have all of the features for version 1.0 available to you.
Current Wyse Device Manager (WDM) customers will continue to use WDM for the time being. We will release a migration tool later this year to help customers transition to Wyse Management Suite. Our commitment is to make this transition as seamless and easy for you as possible.
Wyse Management Suite Standard will be available starting May 30. Wyse Management Suite Pro will be available to purchase in mid-summer. Want to learn more? Click here.