Why does manageability matter? In today’s environment, IT managers are continuously being challenged to do more with less. The number of devices they’re expected to support is increasing, while their budgets are remaining flat or declining.
Systems management remains complex – deployment alone can cost up to $615 per PC over the life of the system – and changing computing trends such as touch, BYOD and an increasingly mobile workforce only add to the challenge. Constant connectivity is the end user expectation, and IT managers are looking to meet these expectations while gaining efficiencies in their everyday tasks.
That is why we deliver technologies to make systems management easier for IT administrators, helping our customers to:
- Drive efficiencies throughout the PC lifecycle by automating the most time-consuming tasks of deploying, monitoring and updating
- Reduce time and eliminate guesswork with streamlined deployment & configuration
- Single, customized CAB driver file contains all you need to deploy your OS.
- Reduce steps on the back end by configuring BIOS and TPM before OS Deployment
- Only Dell provides flexible BIOS configuration: Build reusable templates via CCTK and deploy in a pre-installation environment, or script your own via WMI
- Customized updates packaged and delivered to you, ready for automated deployment through SCCM and KACE integration, or using Dell Client System Update application available for your OptiPlex, Latitude, and Precision systems
- Plan ahead: Only Dell publishes schedules allowing you to plan your image refresh cycle up to 6 months in advance
- Maximize your IT spend and resources with seamless integration into the industry-leading management consoles you already use and support for the lifetime of your PCs
- Complete manageability provided for the lifetime of your PCs: We recognize your PC investment lives with you 4+ years, and Dell doesn’t forget or abandon you. We take care of your install base by supporting up to the last 5 generations of Dell systems – more than any other OEM!
- Collect deep inventory information, enforce policies and maintain system health with updates for the life of your Dell system
- Best-in-class integration with Microsoft SCCM and Dell KACE to efficiently deploy, monitor, inventory and update your systems
- Expand your capabilities to further reduce complexity with Dell’s unique vPro extensions for remote one-to-many management even when systems are offline
- Save time – Update BIOS configurations in 59 minutes vs. 5 hours* by updating all your systems concurrently
- Ensure all your systems stay patched and updated regardless of whether they are turned on
- Protect the network by quickly taking infected systems offline to patch, stopping malware in its tracks
- Check the hardware health of a PC running a client hypervisor
With unique systems management capabilities, Dell Precision workstations, Latitude laptops and OptiPlex desktops are the most manageable systems in the industry. To learn more about our offerings, visit us next week at our Microsoft Management Summit 2012.