Today, EMC kicks off the 16th annual EMC World conference in Las Vegas. Nearly 10,000 IT professionals from over 100 countries will gather to learn about the strategies and technologies that will transform IT and business.
Our theme for EMC World is “Modernize”. Here, we will demonstrate how we help customers modernize the way they build and deliver IT services to drive innovation and compete as a digital business. We’ll show customers how our best-of-breed technology, legendary customer service, and broad ecosystem of technology and services partners stand apart from our peers and how we are committed to helping customers transform and grow by decreasing costs, increasing agility, removing risks and driving innovation.
Joe Tucci will kick off our lineup of general session keynotes today at 1PM ET/10AM PT, where he’ll discuss how the industry has changed. Then, we’ll be joined by special guest Michael Dell, who will share his vision of the future of the industry and the combined Dell and EMC business. David Goulden will then outline how EMC enables business and IT transformation, and will be joined on stage by Rodney Rodgers to discuss running mission-critical applications in the cloud and Kevin Roche who’ll introduce new services innovation.
Tomorrow, we’ll hear from EMC leaders Jeremy Burton, Guy Churchward, and Chad Sakac and Ray O’Farrell of VMware on how to modernize your data center by transforming the way IT operates and delivers services.
On Wednesday, Jeremy, Chad, CJ Desai and team as well as James Watters from Pivotal and Kit Colbert of VMware will highlight technologies that will modernize your business to deliver new products and services to enhance customer experiences in a digital world.
With the rise of mobile devices, cloud computing, the Internet of Things and other disruptive forces, IT leaders face complex data center priorities. Beyond addressing these priorities in general sessions, you’ll find a deep and broad range of educational tracks, breakout sessions and labs to highlight how we help IT leaders:
- Modernize IT infrastructure to support not just the traditional applications that support today’s business, but also new cloud native applications that will drive tomorrow’s business.
- Automate to deliver a self-service experience for business users, so that IT goes from being a provider of infrastructure to a provider of services.
- Transform IT roles and responsibilities to support delivery of IT as a Service, injecting the new skills needed to support transformation initiatives.
Whether you’re at the show in Las Vegas, in your office, or at home, you can experience EMC World 2016 and join the conversation virtually. Here’s how:
- Visit our virtual EMC World site and watch each day’s general session.
- Follow @EMCWORLD & @EMC_News for a steady stream of updates and major buzz straight from the show floor.
Be sure to use #EMCWORLD on Twitter to engage in the conversation directly! We’d love to hear what you have to say!