One of the external technology inflections we’ve been actively pursuing in ERAA/Office of the CTO has been “Cloud Foundry” – a container-based architecture running apps in any programming language over a variety of cloud service providers, supporting the full application development lifecycle, from initial development through all testing states to deployment. Yes, this is what going Cloud Native means!
We believe this is one of the next generation platforms coming online today. We believed in it so much that we engaged with the Cloud Foundry Foundation at the Platinum level (along with Pivotal and VMWare) three years ago. Our Global CTO John Roese serves as the Cloud Foundry Foundation Board Chairman. Take a look at John’s video to hear more about the rapid growth of Cloud Foundry and industry impact.
Cloud Foundry Summit Silicon Valley in July of this year brought together developers, customers, and corporate members for an exciting week of sessions, trainings, speakers, and announcements. We also had the chance to talk with John and Abby Kearns, Executive Director of the Cloud Foundry Foundation, following the Summit to hear firsthand about the significant accomplishments made during the Summit – including the Launch of the Cloud Foundry Certified Developer Program!
Dell EMC is proud to be one of the leading corporate sponsors to add these courses to our education portfolio, providing knowledge and skills that are required for future technology success across the ecosystem.
The Cloud Foundry courses now available are:
New to Cloud Foundry? Take a look at these foundational community courses, including:
- Cloud Foundry for Beginners: From Zero to Hero
- Microservices on Cloud Foundry: Going Cloud Native
- Operating a Platform: BOSH and Everything Else
What you’ll learn in this introductory course:
- An introduction to cloud-native software architecture, as well as the Cloud Foundry platform and its components, distributions, and what it means to be Cloud Foundry certified.
- How to build runtime and framework support with buildpacks.
- Learn “The Twelve Factor app” design patterns for resiliency and scalability.
- Get the steps needed to make your app “cloud-native”.
- Understand how each component of Cloud Foundry combine to provide a cloud-native platform.
- Study techniques and examples for locating problems in distributed systems.
You can also obtain a Verified Certificate after completing this course from edX (massive open online course provider) for $99
- This self-paced eLearning course provides developers with a comprehensive hands on introduction to the Cloud Foundry Platform and students will use CF to build, deploy and manage a cloud native microservice solution.
- After this course, you’ll be well prepared for the Cloud Foundry Certified Developer Exam!
- And there’s a discount if you do the bundled registration for the course and the exam.
Check out these courses and take advantage of the educational opportunities within the Cloud Foundry Community – be an early practitioner in an emerging technology that will shape future cloud services, whether you are a seasoned IT professional or a student looking for the next competitive skills advantage.
One more thing – what’s a technology blog without a quote from Einstein? This one seems appropriate for today’s discussion:
Education is what remains after one has forgotten what one learned in school.
Interested in learning more about our global ERAA programs or have ‘horizon’ ideas you’d like to share? Drop me an email, and let’s talk!