Technology innovation is advancing at an exponential rate, powering a new era of digital business. Most IT leaders tell us their transformation initiatives are still emerging or evolving—and not yet fully realized. Many can’t easily shift resources to innovation fast enough due to dated IT infrastructure, putting their organization at risk of falling behind competitors.
Dell EMC and VMware are working closely together to deliver impactful solutions that modernize infrastructure and spur these IT Transformation initiatives. Through our unique relationship, we are driving new levels of cross-portfolio integration and support for our customers. Our tightly aligned strategies and joint engineering result in innovations that deliver greater value for mutual customers while simplifying and accelerating IT service delivery.
Dell EMC experts will be on hand at VMworld in Las Vegas this week to discuss our close collaboration on solutions from the desktop to the datacenter. These enhancements help customers fuel IT Transformation initiatives to achieve digital transformation goals. Here are a few highlights from the enterprise space.
Earlier today we announced new and enhanced products and solutions integrations across our broad portfolio of solutions that support VMware. This includes hyper-converged infrastructure, hybrid cloud platforms, Ready Solutions, data protection, all-flash storage arrays and cloud-integrated storage.
- Extensive advancements across Dell EMC’s hyper-converged infrastructure (HCI) and hybrid cloud platforms will simplify and speed IT Transformation initiatives by modernizing infrastructure for VMware environments and data centers at any scale. These advances include:
- Dell EMC VxRail Appliances, available in September 2017 with the latest VxRail 4.5 software, will offer simple automation and lifecycle management for the latest VMware technologies.
- Dell EMC VxRack SDDC is now powered by the latest VMware technologies, including VMware Cloud Foundation which makes it up to 80% more efficient at scale.
- Dell EMC Enterprise Hybrid Cloud continues to extend its capabilities to offer greater agility, more flexibility and choice while simplifying the lifecycle management of the platform.
- Dell EMC Native Hybrid Cloud built on VxRack SDDC is available today via an early access program.
- VMware Ready Systems from Dell EMC provide a simple, standard approach to building hybrid clouds.
- Dell EMC Data Protection Suite for Applications provides 5X faster backups over traditional methods direct from VMware vSphere® so mutual customers can address the challenges associated with protecting large, fast-changing, mission-critical applications and virtualized databases.
- Dell EMC Data Protection is also the preferred VMware partner for providing backup and recovery for VMware Cloud workloads running on Amazon Web Services. VMware Cloud on AWS customers will also have the option to easily add Dell EMC data protection through a few simple clicks when ordering new on-demand services.
- Dell EMC vSAN Ready Nodes, part of our flexible Ready Solutions family, featuring the 14th generation of Dell EMC PowerEdge servers are pre-configured, validated building blocks that offer the most flexibility for customers who prefer to build and manage infrastructure themselves. This represents the first step in transitioning the entire Dell EMC hyper-converged portfolio to 14th generation PowerEdge servers by the end of 2017.
- XtremIO X2, Dell EMC’s purpose-built All-Flash array, supports 40% more VDI users per X-Brick at up to 30% lower $/desktop. It is designed to provide streamlined automation and modernization while simplifying management and monitoring.
We’re just getting started – there is more news to come tomorrow!
Not to Be Missed in Las Vegas
This year’s general sessions feature VMware CEO Pat Gelsinger, COO Sanjay Poonan, and CTO Ray O’Farrell showcasing new technologies and customer use cases. On Tuesday, August 29, special guest speaker Michael Dell will join Pat on stage to share his insights.
If you’re attending VMworld in Las Vegas this week, be sure to visit the Dell EMC booth #400 for dozens of theater sessions, a meet-the-experts bar, and conversation stations. Additionally, Dell Technologies is featured in 31 sessions that cover topics from data protection, converged and hyper-converged infrastructure, to workload validated Ready Solutions and empowering the digital workspace. And don’t miss the expert-led and self-paced labs in the VMworld Hands-on-Lab area. Here you’ll find a Dell EMC lab on Getting Started with VxRail among hundreds of other labs and certifications.
Coming Soon…VMworld EMEA
About 10 days from now, we’ll do it all again in Barcelona from September 11–14. Hope to see you there for even more on the trends that matter most to your business and IT.