“I need a system that I can afford and help me achieve my productivity goals at the same time”
“I want the ability to increase compute and storage on demand”
“I want to keep it simple – for my customers and employees”
With the constant evolution of technology, these IT tasks can be daunting and can easily keep any business owner up at night, especially if they’re just starting out.
Thankfully, Dell EMC can guide you through every step of your IT journey – from helping choose the right server to optimizing it to meet the needs of your business. For small and medium business who might be looking for their first rack server, Dell EMC offers the PowerEdge R240. For medium and large business looking for an entry-level server for their data center deployment, the PowerEdge R340 is the ideal solution.
The PowerEdge R240 is a 1U single-socket rack server designed with enterprise features at affordable prices. It’s easy to deploy and ideal for:
- File/print – offering the right level of performance and storage for transactions sent to the network to be printed or stored
- Mail messaging – providing enough storage capacity to handle receiving and sending emails
- Collaboration and sharing – ready to enable collaborative applications for sharing information and processes on-site or remotely
- Web hosting – with the right mix of performance, storage, and memory capacity
To give you a sense of what the PowerEdge R240 offers, here is what one our customer had to say regarding their experience with this server:
“Our number one priority as a global service provider is to keep people connected anywhere, anytime, all of the time. For our web hosting requirements, we need a server that is efficient, reliable, and scalable. After long hours of rigorous testing, The Dell EMC PowerEdge R240 was able to handle our customer’s applications and multiple benchmarks without a hitch. In addition, this server offers the right mix of features based on our specific requirements at any given time. We trust Dell EMC to deliver technology leadership, product quality, and reliable support” Cindy Jordan-Ford, Vice President & General Manager, US & LATAM, Cogeco Peer 1
The PowerEdge R340 is a 1U single-socket rack server designed to boost productivity, scale at your own pace, and help you simplify your IT infrastructure. The R340 is great for file and print, mail and messaging, and collaboration and sharing. In addition, this server can be your backup recovery solution with features like hot-plug drives and power supplies.
The PowerEdge R240 and R340 are designed with customers in mind. They are built to grow with your business and offer leading-edge innovations that provide value today and protect your investment well into the future:
- Increase performance with up to 50% * higher core counts. Customers can choose a 4- or a 6-core Intel® Xeon® E-2100 processor
- Harness data growth with a choice of cabled or hot-plug storage. The PowerEdge R240 offers up to four 3.5″cabled hard drives and the PowerEdge R340 offers up to 8 x 2.5 and up to 4 x 3.5” hot-plug hard drives
- Address data sets with a maximum of 64GB of DDR4 memory
- Reduce operational costs with multi-vector cooling that automatically calculates and delivers the proper airflow needed for optimal cooling
And speaking of simplicity, both servers can reduce time and effort on server management by leveraging the following features:
- iDRAC9 Group Manager, offers a built-in “one to many console” web-based console letting you deploy multiple servers at the same time
- You can access your servers anywhere, anytime from your mobile device with the Dell EMC OpenManage Mobile (with OpenManage Enterprise)
- Proactively resolve issues with up to 72% less effort by leveraging technology from ProSupport Plus and SupportAssist
Affordability, productivity, and simplicity these are the cornerstone requirements for businesses worldwide. Dell EMC offers the breath of innovative product solutions and services to help you solve your IT challenges. Visit dellemc.com/servers to get started.