The countdown is on … We are just T-minus six weeks from launching the most exciting channel program in the industry—the one to watch, the one to beat: the Dell EMC Partner Program.
We’ve hit some impressive milestones already, and in a short amount of time.
Thus far, we have:
- Unveiled the new program brand, core tenets and Tiers at our first-ever Global Partner Summit in October.
- Fast Tracked partners into Dell PartnerDirect and the EMC Business Partner Program.
- Established critical partner protection measures, such as Line of Business Incumbency for Storage and Deal Registration.
- Travelled the globe, meeting with and listening deeply to partners—from Partner Advisory Boards (PABs) and Councils (PACs) and one-on-one meetings, to Canalys events in Europe, Latin America and APJ.
Today, We Are Thrilled to Hit Another Milestone: Announcing the Dell EMC Partner Program Tier Status Match Strategy.
When we unveiled the Dell EMC Partner Program during Global Partner Summit at Dell EMC World, we announced the program’s Tier brand levels: Titanium, Platinum and Gold, and within Titanium there is a highly exclusive status of Titanium Black. Now, we are sharing the methodology being used to determine a partner’s Tier in the new Dell EMC Partner Program.
I recently chatted with CRN about our Tier status match strategy; read the transcript here.
Dell EMC Partner Program Tiers and Status Match
In designing this program, we are holding fast to two things: our “Partner First” commitment, and our core tenets, Simple. Predictable. Profitable.TM
Tier matching is no different. Our approach is clear:
- New partner status (Titanium, Platinum, Gold) will be determined by legacy program rules.
- In order to be matched into the Dell EMC Partner Program, partners must meet the revenue and training requirements and annual criteria of either the current Dell or EMC partner programs.
Here’s a closer look at Solution Provider Tiers:
|In Either Legacy Program, If You Meet the FY16/17 Requirements for This Tier:||Under the New Dell EMC Partner Program, Your New FY18 Tier Will Be:|
|Dell PartnerDirect Premier+ / EMC BPP Platinum||Titanium|
|Dell PartnerDirect Premier / EMC BPP Gold||Platinum|
|Dell PartnerDirect Preferred / EMC BPP Silver||Gold|
|In Either Legacy Program, If Your Status Is:||Under the New Dell EMC Partner Program Your Status Will Be:|
|Dell PartnerDirect Registered/ EMC BPP Authorized||Authorized|
Partners who are members of both legacy programs and meet the requirements of each will be awarded the higher status of the two. For example, if a partner is Preferred in Dell PartnerDirect and Gold in the EMC Business Partner Program, that partner’s new Dell EMC Partner Program Tier will be Platinum. It’s just the right thing to do. It’s “Partner First.”
It’s hard to believe it’s only been three short months since our companies came together, and our Global Channels team began the exhilarating work of architecting the Dell EMC Partner Program. The Voice of the Partner has been absolutely critical, and we will continue to have “big ears” and listen closely and constantly to what they need and want from our program.