Congratulations to the finalists!
We are pleased to announce our two finalists for the first-ever Dell EMC AI Challenge:
- Cognitive Scale – AI-based Patient Scheduling Advisor
- University of Florida – A Heterogeneous Computing System POC for High Energy Physics
We are very excited for them and wish them the very best as they leverage the powerful HPC cluster to showcase their innovative ideas.
The winner of the Dell EMC AI Challenge will be announced on November 12 at Super Computing 2018.
Itching to solve a technical or business problem using artificial intelligence (AI) technologies like machine learning and deep learning? The Dell EMC AI Challenge is your chance to get noticed—and maybe even get your innovation off the ground through the Dell EMC Global Solution Center.
Abstracts and proposals will be accepted through May 31, 2018, and will be reviewed according to the following three criteria:
- Most innovative use of AI technology
- Biggest economic or social impact
- Highest potential for commercialization
After careful consideration by a panel of experts—including Michael Jones, senior director of Strategy at Halliburton; Matt Hall, CEO & founder of Agile Scientific; and Matt Grover, principal technical architect at Walmart—five finalists will be selected between June 24 and June 26, 2018. All five finalists will receive exclusive remote access to a Dell EMC HPC and AI Innovation Lab cluster, powered by a Dell EMC PowerEdge servers that include C4140, to prove out their ideas.
At the end of September each of the five finalists will complete their testing and prepare a presentation for the judges describing their hypothesis, results achieved, what they learned and what the next steps are. Following a final round of judging, two awards will be made on November 12 at SC18 https://sc18.supercomputing.org/.
- The Dell EMC AI Innovation Award will go the entry that demonstrated the highest overall levels of innovation, economic or social impact and commercial potential. The winner will receive 200K core-hour access to a Dell EMC Top 500 Supercomputer and a guest blog on the Dell EMC HPC website, in addition to a spotlight in Dell EMC’s booth at the SC Conference.
- The Global Industries AI Innovation Award will go to the entry that demonstrates the highest commercial potential in one of Dell EMC’s six global industries—energy, healthcare, video surveillance, automotive, financial services, and manufacturing. The winner of this award will receive a route to commercialization and/or joint go-to-market plan developed jointly with the Dell EMC Global Industries Group, access to Dell EMC Labs for solution testing and validation and will be a featured solution at a relevant industry conference or event.
To enter and get more information about the Dell EMC AI Challenge, please visit www.InsideHPC.com/AIChallenge
We’re looking forward to helping you bring your innovative ideas one step closer to reality.