If you administer a data center, service disruptions and data integrity issues are probably your worst nightmare. EMC Technical Advisories (ETAs) alert you to potential hardware or software issues that could have serious negative impacts on your production environment, such as data loss, data unavailability, or significant loss of system functionality.
EMC Isilon ETAs provide time-critical information about technical issues that affect EMC Isilon products. The advisories include specific details about an issue and instructions to help prevent or alleviate the problem. There are a few different ways to track ETAs. Whichever method or combination of methods you use, pay special attention to ETAs with the impact severity rating of critical.
Keep up with the latest ETAs by:
- Subscribing to ETA notifications from the EMC Customer Support Isilon OneFS support page (requires a login to EMC Customer Support).
- Following the Uptime Info Hub’s page ETAs in effect for OneFS to receive notifications when updates are made.
- Checking the ETAs and ESAs sections of the OneFS Release Notes.
- Checking the Current OneFS Patches document to learn more about current patches that relate to ETAs.
- Reviewing the Current OneFS Patches – Isilon Info Hub.
To learn how to set up ETA email alerts, you can watch this video: How to Set Up an Email Event Notification in OneFS.
If you have feedback for us about this or any other Isilon technical content, email us at [email protected]. And thank you!