Keeping up with the evolution of the campus network can be a frustrating game of chase. Connecting users to an exploding number of devices, running an increasing array of applications and trying to stay ahead of the curve by quickly scaling to meet demands can feel like a fool’s errand.
“Will all of this new equipment be interoperable?”
“Will my management tools support it all?”
“Will I just end up ripping and replacing this whole thing in a couple of years?”
Having the ability to predict network growth is key, but how often does a network architect have the good fortune to plan ahead when they’re busy filling gaps and playing catch up?
The incredible scalability of the Dell Campus portfolio is designed to address that fundamental need. Build one network that grows with the business, made up of components that can be expanded upon as needed. It’s a pretty simple idea built around the one thing that should be at the front of a network architect’s mind: foresight.
Here’s how we did it:
Scalability: Flexible products built for businesses of all sizes
- Our X-Series 1GbE and 10GbE switches are packed with enterprise-level features but with the port density and footprint needs of a smaller office
- Aerohive access points (APs), W-Series APs and N-Series switches and are designed to seamlessly expand the mid-level network across one site or many
- Modular C-Series solutions allow large scale networks to easily integrate new solutions and consolidate existing components
Investment protection: Cost-competitive products that allow for seamless network expansion
- User-focused, smart managed X-Series switches allow admins to free up resources and focus on growth through low TCO and minimal IT requirements
- N-Series switches are designed for maximum interoperability to minimize the cost of upgrades and troubleshooting
- C-Series modular chassis switches help preserve existing investments in Dell Networking and other industry standard switches
Reduced complexity: Powerful user-focused management solutions suited to all levels of expertise
- X-Series switches offer an intuitive GUI that allows admins of all skill levels to deploy and manage their network with ease
- Aerohive’s HiveManager cloud-based management solution allows for remote management across multiple sites
- The C-Series offers centralized, on premise management to confidently operate over 4000 virtual ports from a single console
A campus network shouldn’t be a Frankenstein’s monster of quick fixes, expensive mistakes and bad decisions. That’s why we designed our campus portfolio to allow network architects of all skill levels to get it right the first time and expand with confidence. To learn more, be sure to visit the Dell Networking Solutions site, and follow us on Twitter.