The last time you visited EMC Online Support, did you ever wonder where is the best place to start to address your product support inquiry? …perhaps a single place where you can get all of the support information for your product?
Well, you can stop wondering, because that place now exists in Online Support!
The next time you visit support.emc.com, you can start by using the new Support by Product ID feature, which enables you to see a single-pane view of each of your serialized EMC products. This feature gives you access to all of the following product support features on one page:
- Product ID (Serial Number) and Product Alias
- Site ID and Company Name
- Installed Code
- Product Contract information
- Product Release and End of Service Life dates
- Service Requests Tab (view existing SRs)
- Documents and Downloads Tabs
- Advisories and Knowledgebase Tabs
- Create Service Request (pre-populated with your product details)
- Start Live Chat with Technical Support (pre-populated with your product details)
- Subscribe to Product Update and Product Advisory email notifications
- Create a shortcut to your product ID page by adding it to “My Saved Products”
Note: this feature is only available for your serialized EMC hardware and software products. Software products that do not have serial numbers cannot be viewed using this feature.
Here’s a sneak peek of what the new Support by Product page looks like:
Here’s how to access the new Support by Product ID feature:
- Go to Online Support home page, click “Support by Product” on the top navigation menu
- Use the “Find Product by Product ID” option on the right side.
- Choose a product lookup method… by My Sites, My Product Groups, or by Product ID.
- Example: Select the My Sites lookup method, then select one of your sites and then select a product from your site’s Install base
We hope you find this new Support by Product ID feature to be helpful for your EMC Online Support experience. Please stay tuned for more enhancements to this feature in our next Online Support release in Q3.
If you have any questions or feedback about this new feature, please post it on this blog article. Thanks for reading!
Online Support Service Center SME
Follow us @EMCsupport