There’s no turning back, January 2015 has come and almost gone! I have been reading other blogs with New Year’s resolutions and reflections from 2014 and I felt inclined to look back at some of the customers we highlighted in 2014.
In 2014, I partnered with Wikibon to produce a data protection podcast series; our goal was to discover how IT organizations are adapting to new demands, exponential data growth, and to learn how/why they chose technology to support and keep pace with the business. I learned that IT is no longer just an independent department; it touches all parts of the business. And along the way I’ve heard many customers state that data protection should not be a one size fits all solution; rather it should be tailored to meet the needs of the business.
Here are a few other highlights that stood out:
- Data management needs to be streamlined
- Backup is more vital than ever, and it’s time to modernize your protection
- Ignite your recovery plan to keep everything running (and subsequently get a better night’s sleep)
- The Purpose Built Backup Appliance (PBBA) is a solution customers are putting trust in
- X-as-a-service is opening up new opportunities for IT organizations to become more flexible when managing the needs of their end users
I invite you to join me in looking back at five EMC customers who shared their data protection stories. I am extremely honored to have had the opportunity to partner with these customers and many others in 2014.
Brown University talked about the University’s near disaster in their data center and how they managed to solve the problem
CBTS reviewed the evolution of backup and its strategy
McGladrey explained how its IT organization is helping improve data backup solutions
Lumenate provided an overview of its transition from a world of business governance to an actual value driver in business
As data protection continues to evolve and the landscape of backup, recovery, and archiving shifts to meet new business challenges, my question to you is, have you made a resolution that will redefine or strengthen your organization? I’d love to showcase your story in 2015!