Henry Ford once said, ‘before everything else, getting ready is the secret of success.’ Most, if not all business leaders will agree that getting ready; having a plan; being on offense vs. defense; all these things will help your business survive and thrive in today’s digital world.
Dell Technologies’ recent Digital Transformation Index Study shows that businesses around the globe are thinking about digital transformation, and they’re getting ready to seize the opportunities their data holds. Leveraging the insights from this study, my last blog, Hindsight to Insight: Why Digital Transformation is Not an Option, discussed the barriers most companies are facing when it comes to digitally transforming their business. Security and data concerns ranked as the top barrier to transform; the very reason businesses should transform, is the number one reason why they are struggling to do so.
To compound this, data is growing at unprecedented rates. 5G technology is being rolled out to mobile devices this year. This technology is set to completely disrupt the market, paving the way for emerging technologies such as AI and ML. 5G is a complete infrastructure change and will realize the convergence of computing, cloud and IoT. Think of it as the era of hyper connectivity. The implications are huge.
Following the Digital Transformation Index study, Dell Technologies published the Global Data Protection Index Study. From this study we learned that on average businesses managed 9.70PB of data in 2018, compared to the 1.45PB managed in 2016. This represents an explosive growth of 569% in just two years! With this enormous growth in data, what will you do to prepare for continued advancements in disruptive technology and the data it creates?
If you plan to attend Dell Technologies World in Las Vegas this month, I encourage you to attend the general sessions as they are insightful, thought leadership discussions around current industry trends. If your schedule is tight I recommend you focus on the IT Technology Track. Below is a list of break-out session recommendations for you to prioritize. These sessions will help you gain a better understanding of why you should digitally transform your business, what steps you need to take to make that happen, and you’ll hear from customers who will share their own digital transformation experiences.
While Henry Ford is not here today to see our world of big data and human-machine partnerships, his legacy endures because he knew that being ready and getting ahead of industry trends was the best way to position his company for success. Regardless of where your digital transformation journey will take you, the secret to success in a digital world is to be ready, data is coming!
Monday, April 29th:
- 8:30 am – 9:30 am: The Dell Digital Way: A Streamlined People, Process, & Technology Approach For Digital Transformation – This is the Dell Technologies Digital Transformation story told from our CTO. He’ll share with you what’s required for digital transformation and the things you can expect on your journey.
- 4:30 PM – 5:30 PM: Dell IT’s AI/ML Journey: Evolving From Data To Insights To Enabling The Digital Enterprise – In this session you will learn how Dell IT is enabling Dell Technologies to become a data driven enterprise.
Tuesday, April 30th:
- 8:30 AM – 9:30 AM: Customer Case Study: How Aon Corporation Saved $25m A Year Through Application Transformation – Nothing is better than hearing from industry leaders who have embarked on a transformation journey and are now reaping the rewards. In this session, Aon Corporation will share their own story of Application transformation including their approach, pitfalls and lessons they learned along the way.
- 1:30 pm – 2:30 pm: Get Your Strategy & Transformation Programs On Track – In 2018 lack of senior support and sponsorship still ranked as one of the top ten barriers to Digital Transformation. In this session you’ll learn how to create a visionary strategy to help gain the support you need to move your transformation forward.
Wednesday, May 1st:
- 8:30 AM – 9:30 AM: Customer Panel: The Need For Speed: Learn From Customers How Dell Has Helped Them Deliver When The Stakes Are Highest – In this customer panel you’ll hear from your peers who will be discussing some of their biggest challenges and how Dell’s commercial products and services help them remove traditional barriers and achieve industry-leading performance.
- 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM: Your Data Is Telling You Something: Are You Listening? – Data is a game-changer if you know how to tap into its potential. In this session you’ll hear examples of companies who have embraced the digital economy and use data to disrupt industries.